Tuesday, 24 June 2014

diy tree stump side table

Hey there! Here's a project that me and my hubby have been working on for quite some time...so excited to share it with you! Last fall our neighbours had their front tree cut down, and while I was watching this happen, I coaxed my hubby to run outside, ask the tree choppers if they would cut the trunk of the tree in sections that we could use for side tables. They thought we were crazy...

After letting them dry in our basement for the entire winter, and after my father bought us an incredible bark stripping tool from Lee Valley...and after my hubby planed the tops and sanded and sanded AND sanded some more...I think they are finally done!

Here are our new side tables for the living room!





just checking out the coffee :)

If you're wanting to try this project, two of the tutorials I found helpful were A Beautiful Mess and Bye Bye Brooklyn

Have a great day!

~Jessica~

No comments:

Post a Comment