Tuesday, 19 August 2014

just a quick little update...

Hey there. I can't believe that August is coming to an end....oh how the summer has flown by. We are busy here trying to finish up some projects before the busyness of fall is here. 
When my parents-in-law were up at the end of July, they brought a piano for us. We feel privileged to use this piano as it was Carolyn's mother's piano. Our kiddos are so excited that there is a musical instrument in our home just waiting to played....and they play it often! Maggie will be starting piano lessons in the fall. New piano means some rearranging and decorating!


The next project that desperately needed to be completed was book shelves for the girls' room. I sold their bookshelf in our garage sale awhile back and had not had the chance to replace it....which meant books all over their floor and a continual mess. So today I was absolutely done with the disaster. The first paint job I did on the shelves did not turn out how I had anticipated and was quite disappointed. So I switched gears and instead of a pastel pink (which was the first colour), I went with black and gold. Because I don't know if you can ever go wrong with black and gold. And here is the end result....


The plan I followed for these floating book shelves was so simple and so cheap! You can find the link to the Ana White website here.
So happy that all the books are off the ground!
And finally there has been a lot of progress on our dining room table. My hubby helped me so much!


YAY! Our dining room table is built! And it is more beautiful than I anticipated....so grateful that Phil was able to help me put this beauty together. Now I have a lot of wood filling and sanding to do, but my goal is to show you my new dining room by the end of August. 

That's all for now!

~jessica~

1 comment:

  1. The book shelves look amazing and the table as well. J

    ReplyDelete