Hey there! I am super-excited to share this project with you. Over the weekend I got a few spare moments and was able to complete my diy antler chandelier! My inspiration came from the lighting fixtures at the Little Red Market Cafe, in Mortlach, SK. I have not been able to get there yet, but my mom shared with me how beautiful their antler chandelier was, and I decided I'd love to tackle a project similar to it. Originally I wanted to hang the chandelier in my son's room, but after completing it and realizing that everyone would hit their heads on it....which probably wouldn't be good with all the antlers, it's my new dining room light! I'm really really happy with how it all turned out.
My wonderful mom gave me a simple five-armed chandelier that she was not using, and my brother gave me some antler sheds that he had laying around. That plus some zip-ties and jute string and a hot glue gun I created my own antler chandelier.
finished product!
My goal for August is to build my fancy x farmhouse table and paint some of my dining room chairs. So by the end of August I should have my brand new dining room put together, and I'm so pumped this chandelier gets to be part of the transformation!
Happy Monday!
~jessica~
I Love it! You inspire me Jess!!
ReplyDelete