Sunday, 27 July 2014

rearranging

What a crazy July we have had so far! Two weeks of travelling, family, and weddings. One week of being sick. And this last week of the month is going to be just as busy! I was quite discouraged last week while sick, wishing that I could get my to-do list shortened and not having the energy to do it, but I was able to do some simple rearranging.
Ideas for my home and ways that I can improve my space are frequently going through my head. Discovering new ideas or finding inspiration for home improvements is one of my favourite past times. And while I find this relaxing and enjoyable, I've really been challenged this week on contentment. There are so many projects in my home that I have on-the-go and new ideas floating into my head that sometimes I just forget to be content with the space that I am in. To enjoy the simple moments that I have in the home that my family has created, instead of thinking "well it will be better when this get done" or "if only I could do this..."
So this past week I did some rearranging....no new purchases (but a couple of new gifts!), just working with what I have in my home to give it a little update. It's amazing what doing some simple rearranging can do for bringing a feeling of freshness to a home. 


My mother gave me this beautiful new linen for a tablecloth, it's just absolutely beautiful! And I snagged two "new" chairs from my dear sister-in-law to add to my dining room chair collection. I think it's time to throw a dinner party...


*exciting note: I just completed my antler chandelier and decided to put it in my dining room area so pictures will come soon!


This is the space in my home which is by far the busiest! Our living room is just that, a room we live in...it rarely looks this put together :)


I had to move my farmhouse bench, and for the time being I like that it can serve as a side table/a little extra space for books and plants. I didn't know if it would work here but I'm quite liking it in this place. 



Our home being "lived in" :)

Hope you have a lovely Sunday!

~jessica~

No comments:

Post a Comment